Tuesday, October 9, 2007

An Island, unto itself!

Since last week, I've been depressed. After meeting with my T, I've been just 'blah'. I wanted to write... I've been trying to write, but never could really. I trailed off after the first 2 sentences. Today, after a little chit chat with a colleague about how I'm very dissociated when it comes to my memories, I found myself exhausted and ready to sleep. Five hours later, I found myself writing (with a little distraction in the background). The outpouring resulted in this poem:
Woken up from a deep slumber
I can't remember what is my dream
I can't remember what is my reality
How long did I sleep? And
How much longer will I sleep?

Memories do not exist,
Recollections end up bust,
Reminiscence collects dust.
Ruminations take me yonder,
But not much farther,
Yet I live... as a shallow creature!

What is my past?
Where is my future?
Between the two polarities
I lose my present.

Unable to stand in my yesterdays
Unable to hold on to my tomorrows
I dawdle in the between...
Lifeless, yet alive.
Floating on a barge
Within the constraints of 'now'
And 'now' alone.

I find myself, an Island
An island not just because I'm alone;
But an island in time...
With none the past,
With never a future,
Just an Island, unto itself!

No comments: