Monday, August 6, 2007

Mindfulness and daily life

I've been so out of touch here. Grad school is now hectic. Nevertheless, the month that passed since my last post has been mostly kind to me. I've managed to handle my stress better than before. There were repeated disappointments, but I managed to shoot down all automatic thoughts that were blaming me for every single one of them. I managed to fight depression pretty successfully. There were days when it was really tough on me (like y'day), emotionally. But I've managed to survive.

The one incident I'm particularly proud of is when I saw a sculpture in a shop with a hand over the shoulder of a person. I was stunned for a moment there, for it brought back my own memories of the hand. I caught myself right away, before I went into any strong ruminations. Somehow I gathered the courage to fight it and fend it off. And, I managed to do so only by being mindful :)

1 comment:

Karma said...

I know what you mean about grad school! Good for you for taking the reigns over the last month.